Ryland Hall on University of Richmond’s Campus
The original building was constructed in 1914. The project consisted of renovating the historical structure, as well as construction of an 11,500 sq foot addition. The completed 39,140 sq foot building provides classroom and office space for English and History departments. The mechanical system was upgraded to a chilled water and hot water fan coil system with a dedicated outside air system for ventilation and humidity control. Low-flow plumbing fixtures and energy efficient water heating was incorporated into the building. The existing electrical service, as well as power distribution equipment downstream was replaced. The electrical design included new LED lighting fixtures, dimming lighting controls, audio/visual and fire alarm systems. Site work included new LED pole lights and vehicle charging stations. This project required special consideration be given to lighting selection to match the style and period of the building architecture. Building energy is metered and monitored by the Building Automation System. This project is pursuing Earth Craft Light Commercial Certification.