We are currently seeking a full-time Electrical Engineer to be an integral member of our consulting team. Position requirements are as follows:
- 5-10 years of consulting electrical engineering design experience, preferably with large institutional or commercial projects from schematic design through construction administration.
- A four-year electrical engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
- Electrical PE license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or capable of obtaining quickly through reciprocity. EIT certification level and applying to obtain PE license, minimum.
- Able to lead project from start to finish, including coordinating all electrical design requirements, completing electrical calculations and preparing specifications. Proficiency in overseeing Construction Administration duties (reviewing submittals, answering RFIs, conducting site visits and punch).
- Capable of completing field work for both Existing Condition Assessments and Renovation type projects.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate with all team members, including engineers, architects, and owners.
Skills and software
- Proficient in AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Working knowledge of Electrical codes (NEC, IBC, IECC/ASHRAE 90.1, NFPA)
- Lighting calculation software (VISUAL or AGi32)
- Working knowledge of SKM PowerTools.
Please submit cover letter and resume to or mail to 2900 Hungary Road, Suite 200, Richmond, Virginia 23228, Attn: William K. Lamp.